Healthy Schools Day 2019 Diesel Campaign Resources
- Healthy Schools Day is April 4th, 2019.
- Diesel emissions from school buses can pose health risks for children, staff and neighbours.
- Stop idling to reduce children’s exposure to harmful diesel emissions in bus loading zones and near school grounds.
- Leave a gap between buses during travel and in loading zones to keep the exhaust of one bus from polluting the cabin air of another.
- Children can be exposed to diesel emissions even while inside a school. Time the school’s ventilation system to avoid drawing in pollutants during bus unloading and rush hour.
- Reduce diesel emissions by upgrading older buses or, if possible, replacing them altogether with buses powered by cleaner energy such as electricity.
Diesel-related campaigns in Canada:
Dads Against Dirty Air
Diesel-related campaigns in the United States:
Basic Information about Best Practices for Reducing Near-Road Pollution Exposure at Schools
Clean Buses for Healthy Niños
2019 Electric School Bus Campaign
Diesel-related campaigns in other regions:
Doctors Against Diesel