Schools and child care environments can have high levels of radon


Radon is a radioactive gas that comes from uranium. It is slowly released from rock and soil. It enters schools, homes and other buildings through cracks and gaps in building foundations.

Outside, radon mixes with outdoor air and levels remain low. Indoors, however, radon concentrations can build up. You can’t see, taste or smell radon.

Exposure to high concentrations of radon over long periods of time is a serious health risk.

Rule out radon.
Sign the petition.

SIGN TODAY


Read more

FIRST
High levels of radon cause lung cancer
Last
Radon testing is easy and inexpensive